Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Everything's Bigger in Texas

Exciting times! Looks like our state slogan will be changing from "Life Elevated" to "Everything's Bigger in Texas". In a week. (However, I highly doubt the mountains will be bigger in Texas :). We sure have loved living in Utah but are also very excited to check out Austin, TX. I've always had a desire to live in Texas, so I guess now's my opportunity! We've become very close with several of our neighbors in Utah, so it will be sad to leave them. However, Sandra & Shaun met our new neighbors last weekend (yup, they were in town for Austin City Limits, drove by our new place and leave it to them to meet our neighbors!) and said they loved them. Apparently they have a little one Alli's age AND a 4 year old named Alli. Very exciting. We will be keeping our UT house and renting it out and then renting the house in Austin. I'll send our new address through emails!

Things we'll miss about Utah:
  • The amazing desire Utah residents have for exploring the outdoors
  • It sure is refreshingly beautiful here!
  • Endless hiking trails
  • Snowshoeing!!! Tried it for the first time this past winter and LOVED it
  • I swear everyone you meet here is friendly. From fast food restaurants, to library employees, to construction workers...everyone.
  • Our mountain view!
  • Did I mention we'll miss our neighbors?
Things we're looking forward to about Texas:
  • Cowboys! (ok, maybe not the actual cowboys...but the horses, cowboy boots, country music theme)
  • The option to take walks without hills
  • A warm Christmas this year. Yes, we loved the white winters in Utah, but something about a warm winter sounds appetizing this year
  • Longhorns. We definitely plan to attend a few UT (as in University of Texas, not Utah) football game for the experience!
  • A playground across the street
  • More friendly people? The state motto is "friendship" right? And the woman I spoke to when transferring the water/sewage account was extremely excited we were moving in two streets down from her :)
  • Visits from family and friends (hint hint)
Good bye Draper, UT!














Hello Pflugerville, TX!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

We want to come for a visit!!! So pencil us in! I love how Alli is standing in front of the Utah house picture...so cute! What does she think of the idea of moving?

Rita said...

Hi Everyone!
Wow! Can't wait to visit and SHOP in allthe western shops!! Alli Toe fan, toe fan, Yaaahoo! The houses look so similiar! Are they the same size..Are you all excited? This is the time to do it..Gee, that makes you ALOT closer to MA....hhmm....the road to wherever you are isn't a long road!

Chudd Family said...

Congratulations!

Denise said...

So exciting!! I've heard lots of good things about Austin. Good luck with your move.

LilyLand said...

So exciting!!