Saturday, December 5, 2009

Vegas Wedding

Congrats to cousin Mary who wed Byron DaSilva Thanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas! This was the first time EVER that all cousins have been together. I think everyone had a wonderful time.

They hosted a Friday night cocktail party at the Pinot Brasserie in the Venetian. Afterward cousin Daniel, who lives and works in Vegas, treated everyone to a stretch Escalade ride over to Caesar's Palace and suavely escorted us all past the 200 some guests waiting in line right into Pure nightclub and had two tables reserved. It was quite an experience! Especially since we also had a few "older" kids with us (Mom, Aunt Jane, Aunt Patricia and Uncle Carl).

The wedding was held Saturday evening at the Bali Hai Golf club with the Reverend Doctor Captain Uncle Denny as the presider (a.k.a my dad). He received his online reverend-ship a couple years ago. It was a beautiful and unique ceremony (Mary and Byron didn't exchange rings...on purpose!). Unfortunately because of the lighting not many of my pictures turned out and I don't have one of Mary & Byron :(.

Eric stayed home with Alli for the three days since Amy, Maggie and I were attending the wedding solo. He definitely lived up to the challenge. Not even 30 minutes after we hit the road, he sent us a picture of the two of them having a tea party. And they sure made the rounds across town. He took Alli to the park a couple times, the aquarium, and to a neighbor's party! I loved his comment when we arrived home..."It's always good to walk in someone else shoes!".

The "Ahl" family girls















All the cousins















Limo ride to Pure















My Mom and her sisters and Brother. Left to right (youngest to oldest): Sara, Sue, Jane, Mary, Bill















Family shot




















Tea party with Daddy

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, awesome to have connections in Vegas! I love the tea party picture...go Eric!

Rita said...

HHHmmm.....Oh, I thought Eric liked Long Island Iced Tea!!! Finally, the truth be known...it's a little tea party he likes!! That's sweet Honey!! I know you had fun with Alli!! AND didn't all the Ahl Girls look beautiful and Daddy Denny looked handsome as well!!