Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winter Break

We didn't quite escape winter for this year's school Winter Break. Instead the girls and I traded some New York winter for some Massachusetts winter. It was actually supposed to be 40 degrees and rainy on the day we were driving, but whoops...guess the forecast was a little different on the Mass turnpike and I ended up driving through a snow storm the entire way. The girls were troopers because I couldn't do much to entertain them since I had to keep my full attention on our slow 35 mph snowy roads. The drive took us 6.5 hours instead of 3.5! Needless to say, when we arrived, the girls were happy and...starving! It was a fun to have a girls visit with Grammie... 
Lunch with Eric's cousin Kristin and her little gal Julia (and baby boy on the way)!
Burning off some energy at an indoor mall play area
A stomp pad that shows different scenes with images that move as you stomp around.
Making bird calls at the Peabody Essex Museum
Alli painting her bird call.
Penny creating an animal

1 comment:

Rita said...

Sara, you are such a trooper to have driven in that storm!! We did have a really nice and very busy time though!! I love you all! gaimss