Sunday, September 8, 2013

Off to Kindergarten

First day of Kindergarten! Alli seems excited about her school. When the bus pulled up in the morning she ran to get on. We had one setback though. A neighbor stopped by about an hour after the bus and said she volunteered to help the kindergarteners get from the buses to their classrooms. She said Alli was teary eyed getting off the bus and said something like she "forgot her purse". I figured it was her lunchbox and she didn't realize I put it in her backpack. But then a little while later I realized it was her "person" (a paper cutout doll they were instructed to decorate like themselves and bring on the first day). Oops.  Penny and I took it into the school office and I think she still had a great day.

Ready to go!
Not sure if Alli is keeping Penny sitting for the picture, or keeping her away from her toy
Some fellow neighborhood kindergarteners
Running!
End of the day - First attempt getting off the bus
Second attempt getting of the bus.  This time WITH her backpack.
A lady in our neighborhood brought the kindergarteners balloons when they got off the bus!
1st day summary

2 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

What a great neighborhood that someone brought ballons for everyone!

And I love the note at the end, she was happy to go home to see Penny ;)

Rita/Grammie said...

Our little Alli is growing up, isn't she! So cute! Have a great time at school, Alli!! I'll bet Penny misses Alli when she's at school. x0