Saturday, June 23, 2012

Waiting for Baby

Well we waited and waited all week long for baby to arrive while Rita and Gerry were here, but no such luck. They even stayed one more day just in case, but sure enough they left Monday afternoon and we went into labor Monday night. Go figure. We joked that might happen, but I really started to think it would end up being another week. We had a wonderful time with them that week though and their being here gave us plenty of rest and peace of mind. Rita even cleaned out and got rid of all the gross slugs we found in our deck flower planters! My mom arrived Sunday evening and we had the "changing of the guards" and a nice dinner with everyone. I'd been wanting to take Alli strawberry picking so my mom and I did that shortly after Rita and Gerry left Monday morning. I'm convinced that must have kick started the labor ;)

1 comment:

Rita/Grammie said...

Oh what a wonderful baby Penny Ann Richard is!!! She is so good and so adorable!! It's so clear her big sister Alli loves her!! We all waited and waited for Penny to be born...and bam when Grammie and Grandpa Ger leave for MA ....she decides to come!! lol. Eric and Sara are fantastic with the 2 girls..Gramma from FLA..what fun we all had!