Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Austin Getaway

With baby #2 on the way I decided to squeeze in a little getaway to Austin while I had the opportunity. I remembered March was a beautiful time of year there and figured it might be not-so-beautiful here, so a perfect time to go! Well, go figure we finally got our winter wonderland snowfall on March 1st the day I was supposed to fly. After flight weather delays, etc. it ended up the earliest the airline could get me to Austin was the next night on Friday evening. It cut the weekend short, but we still fit in a fun filled time and the sunny beautiful weather was great for the spirits! As Bonnie put it, we ate our way through the weekend hitting all our favs...Pappasitos for Diablo shrimp and fajitas, Round Rock donuts, Walton's Fancy & Staple for the ham on pretzle sandwich and bee cake and Salt Lick for their famous tasty barbecue (can you tell I'm pregnant?  When Sandra had asked me for any "must do's" while in town, all my suggestions were food spots!).  Sandra introduced us to a new brunch spot on Sunday, the Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill which was a delicious one.  Sunday we hit the Zilker Kite Festival which couldn't have lucked out with a more perfect day.  Not a cloud in the sky, low 70s and the perfect amount of wind.  It was a great stop before heading back to the airport to trek home!

Oh, and we also squeezed in a quick visit to place that does 3D/4D ultrasounds, so the three of us got to see baby girl #2 put on a little show.  The technician said she was quite an active little one.  In fact, at that moment I realized every technician at all of our ultrasounds has made the same comment (even at 9 weeks, haha)!  Guess we'll be welcoming a mover and a groover come June :).  The baby definitely has some features similar to Alli...mouth, chin and possibly nose.  Maybe even the eyes.  It was such a neat experience and I am regretting not paying for the DVD of the video.

Eric and Alli had an action packed Daddy/Daughter weekend.  Alli was very excited for it to start, so she was a bit confused by my flight delays too.  They hit the NY State Museum, went bowling, saw the movie "The Lorax", went to Chuck E Cheeses, decorated foam Easter Egg decorations, and enjoyed some bonding time together.  It melted my heart when I talked to her over FaceTime on our phones, since I'm rarely the one on the other end of the call!  Alli was in great hands and I arrived home on Sunday to a happy and exhausted Eric :). 

Sandra, Sara (24 weeks) and Bonnie catching up on some over due girl time!
Austin skyline at the kite festival
Took this one for Alli of the Buzz Light-year kite.
Making 'Dirt & Worms' sundaes during Daddy/Daughter weekend

No comments: