Friday, September 30, 2011

Move week

We took this same picture during our move last year to TX. Alli is a lot bigger now, but still looks teeny next to the huge moving truck. We lucked out with an excellent moving crew which sure makes things go much smoother. Overall things went really well on this end of the move. It was a busy week, but we made it through just fine!

The crew impressed us by covering everything in their moving path. Plastic wrapped floor, taped up the walls with cardboard, covered all railings with blankets, and wrapped the doors.


















Alli packing her own special box (of which I haven't located on the NY end yet. Kind of odd since everything has been taken out of boxes already)! She really enjoyed the move process. We had a countdown calendar for her to put a sticker on each morning and count down to move day.














Last picture in front of our house. I'll miss this house! I really enjoyed the layout and found it very easy and comfortable for day-to-day living.


















Dinner on the floor!














When I say things went really smoothly during 'move week' it was mostly due to the fact that Sandra came and picked Alli up EVERY day and entertained her. What a wonderful friend. Thank you thank you Sandra!














When I went to pick Alli up from Sandra's one of the days, I went to grab something from my car and Alli shouted "Hold on Mommy, let me get my boots" and then came out in Mr. Shaun's cowboy boots :)


















Last night in Texas - staying at The Johnsons Home














We had little farewell surprises on our beds :)














Only fitting to have our last dinner in Texas at Pappasitos!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is one big truck! Sandra, you rock! You guys have this moving thing down to a science.

The Johnson Family said...

Awe, what a fun week of play time, we miss you guys!!!