Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Silver Lake

After dropping Eric off at the airport for his Austin trip, I took Alli up to Silver Lake (between Solitude and Brighton ski resorts) for a hike around the lake and to view some of the fall leaves. Little did we know we'd also see a moose! And lots of chipmunks who crossed paths right in front of us. It was extremely beautiful and peaceful. Lots of bright yellows and greens, but no reds quite yet.







Little tree-hugger


















Hey there moose! He was crossing the grassy part of the lake right where we had been. We found his muddy hoof prints on the trail when we got to the other side.














Beautiful view. I think the altitude is 8700' at Silver Lake. Would make for great snowshoeing in the winter!














The End :) Alli hiked most of it, with only a few shoulder rides on mom!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I would frame that last picture. That's awesome! I so want to come for a visit!!!

LilyLand said...

Wow! So beautiful!! I want to come visit too! Hmmm.....

Bonnie said...

wow - so beautiful